Guys, Find Out What To Do When She’s Missed Her Period.
Once she’s missed a period, everything can change – fast. What happens next may be her decision, but most women really care where their guy is coming from.
Here are a few steps to making the best choice for both of you – together:
- Make sure she’s pregnant. Offer to go with her to the appointment.
- Learn about your options. She’s carrying the baby, but suddenly you are both parents. What does that mean?
- Listen to her thoughts & feelings. What excites her? What does she fear?
- Share your thoughts & feelings. If you aren’t sure how to start, say something like “when you told me your period was late, I felt ____, because ____. Now that I’ve had a little time to think about it, & hear what you are saying, I feel ____, because ____.” Consider talking with others who are close to you too.
- Let her know how important she is to you. Don’t pressure her about the pregnancy or check out. Instead, commit to exploring your options together and getting whatever help you need to make your relationship better than ever.
Process what pregnancy means for you & her. Contact us to talk with someone who understands.
The Calling All Father’s Program
The Calling All Father’s program is designed to help support positive father-child engagement, foster healthy relationships, and to provide opportunities to gain parenting and child development knowledge through group education sessions held at Care Net PRC of Chilton County. Our courses will be facilitated by fathers with extensive experience helping fathers overcome barriers to maintaining positive involvement in their children’s lives.
CAF will address healthy relationships through all its services, offer education and guidance to strengthen relationships with the co-parent, children and families. This program would include fathers, stepfathers, other male caregivers, as well as couples and co-parents.
Services that will be provided:
- Parent education courses
- Healthy relationship education courses
- Father-Child events
- Relationship counseling.
Your Next Step
Free & Confidential Appointment